DOT MEDICAL EXAMINERS OF KANSAS
STEP 1. Fill out a 1-page brief health history
(Download Form here->Medical Examination Report For Commercial Driver Fitness Determination )
STEP 2. Complete your DOT physical exam with a specially trained doctor (MD, DO, DC, PA, APRN)
- review of brief medical history
***IMPORTANT*** Please know the name and address of treating physician's.
- discuss special medical conditions, diagnosis, restrictions and medications
- Check height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, range of motion, neurological, breathing, eyes, ears- urinalysis for blood sugar
STEP 3. We complete your paperwork. Photo ID required.
- You get a laminated DOT medical card for your CDL to keep with you at all times you are driving.
- You get 1 copy of the DOT physical form for the company. If you need, we will also fax the DOT physical form to your company.
If you don't meet the vision standards or you are using insulin for your diabetes it is also possible to apply for an exemption by going to the Federal Diabetes and Vision Exemption Program at the FMCSA website.
Use of methadone is automatically disqualifying
Use of a narcotic, amphetamine,or other habit forming drug without a prescription from a treating physician is
5. Loss or impairement of an arm or limb that interferes
with commercial driving or tasks related to driving,
unless accompanied by a Skills Performance Certificate
6. A driver with a clinical diagnosis of alcoholism is disqualifying.
7. A driver with a certain medical condition(s) may disqualify or be placed on waiting periods that may require further testing.